According to a recent study, women have a tendency to take better care of their teeth than men do. This study comes to us from the Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Eight hundred participants were asked a series of questions and subjected to an oral examination, which led to the following revelations:
- Women are about 26% better about flossing every day
- Women are about twice as likely to schedule regular dental checkups
- 44% of women reported being aware that their overall bodily health can benefit from periodontal visits, compared to 33% of men
- Women are about twice as likely to notice that someone is missing a tooth
- 74% of women reported that they would be embarrassed by having a missing tooth, compared to about 57% of men
Regardless of who you are, it is important to remember to always seek out proper dental care. Therefore, be sure that you take the appropriate measures to keep your appointments with Bella Dental in Federal Way every six months, and promptly schedule any additional appointments you may require.